Children's Book of the Month: Peyton's pick for this winter



By Peyton Moss

Peyton Moss is a Boost! VISTA
 who serves at Strong School.
I read Orson Scott Card’s novel Ender’s Game for the first time when I was in third grade and have read it  many, many times again over the years. While I think of Ender’s Game as primarily a science-fiction novel, it’s also futuristic-dystopian, something that I think fascinated me as a kid who was living in a comparatively normal, safe society. I think that’s the reason why it captured my attention—it was hard to forget the fascination with this alternate world and the kind of “what-if” feelings and thoughts about living in them.
I continued to love Ender’s Game throughout adolescence and into adulthood for the deeper insights to life they offered me. Each time I’ve reread It, I’ve come away with something new or different than the many times before. A book that can be meaningful across a span of years, to me, defines excellence in children’s books.